Does Your Partner:
- Embarrass you with bad names or put-downs?
- Control what you do, whom you see or talk to, or where you go?
- Stop you from seeing or talking to friends or family?
- Make all the decisions, including money matters?
- Tell you everything is your fault?
- Scare you?
- Shove, slap, grab, hit, or force sex on you?
- Get upset when things don't go his/her way?
- Harass you at your job, call frequently to check up on you?
- Pressure you not to follow through with court charges?
If you answered "YES" to even one, you may be in an abusive relationship.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!
You have the right to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect.
- Go to court and ask for an order of protection.
- Go to court and seek a protective order without losing your job.
- Request that a warrant is issued against the person who hurt you and/or your children.
- Be notified of hearing dates and be allowed to speak at those hearings.
- Live a safe and peaceful life, free of fear.