D.A.N.A. is a dual-program agency for Alleghany County of North Carolina that serves victims of both domestic abuse & sexual assaults. We are a program of the Alleghany Partnership for Children which is a non-profit 501(C)3. The DANA program was created in October of 1999. Our goal is to help support victims of domestic violence and sexual assault and advocate DV/SA prevention through community education. We provide both local and federal victims with services that include, but are not limited to, the following...
- DV/SA Advocates to support and listen to the victim
- Written information and materials
- Referrals to appropriate agencies
- Educational Programs
- Trained victim compensation advocates
- Trained court advocates
- Trained medical advocates
- English Support Group
- Spanish Support Group
- Transportation for victims to necessary, required appointments
- Interpreting for Spanish speaking victims for necessary, required appointments
Our crisis line is available 24/7 365 days a year and will be answered by a trained advocate who can answer questions, address concerns, help in a emergency situation, or simply to your story!
Abuse does not discriminate against age, race, creed, sexual orientation, financial standing, or religion. Anyone can be a victim of domestic violence or sexual assault. If you or someone you know, is a victim or a witness of a violent crime, please seek help immediately!
We are so part of Alleghany Partnership for Children of Sparta, North Carolina